Monday, June 25, 2012

Starting the Metallic Coat

Time paint the metallic color. I am going for a high shine, highly reflective paint job. I am using Rust-Oleum metallic and metallic finish. The plan was 2 - 3 base coats of standard metallic and 2 - 3 coats of metallic finish. I applied the first set of coats of metallic with sanding in between coats and it went on well but I ended up with a few drips and some pitting in the paint. I continued and tried to get the paint as shinny and perfect as I could. However I ended up the day with a nice shine but not nearly as clean / pure as I wanted.

In the end I used 4 coats of standard metallic and 5 coats of metallic finish. However with all the sanding in between I feel like a total of 3-4 coats was sanded clean off the dome.

Here are some pictures. Click to enlarge.





No comments:

Post a Comment